Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dr. Seuss Party: Reading, playing, and pictures

After we ate our fill, I let the kids pick books for me to read.


Somebody else had my camera (obviously) and snapped some cute ones of the babies.


Landyn had to get the hat from the photo booth to wear while I read The Cat in the Hat.

Others read by themselves.

Getting ready for the game.

Cheesy baby blue :)

Youngest to oldest, so Shiloh got to go first.

She wouldn't let go--poor beheaded little wocket!

Hayden next!

"Yay!"

And Mason.

Next three got blindfolded--Jaxon.

Kolby.

Poor perfectionist Landyn (not related to me or anything ;)) tried moving his wocket as soon as he saw it wasn't in the right place.

And the oldest three got blindfolded and spun--Brittany.

Marcus.


Luke.

They just didn't think it was fair that they had to be humiliated, so they had to make me endure it, too.  Marcus did the honors of spinning and spinning me.


Finished poster.

Onto the pictures.  Landyn had GREAT fun being the cat, standing on one leg and all.


All of the kiddos--such a photogenic group!





The baby girls fought over the daisy and ended up sharing ;)

Jaxon being the Cat.  "Then he fell on his head!"


None of the littles were too fond of the wig!

Kolby trying out the shades.

Marcus thought I need a picture, too.  Looks like it made Mason grin!

Group photo with me.. haha.

Here's how I made the trees stand properly--cut the bottom half of the last toilet paper roll into 4 sections and taped them down.

I let Landyn take the hat home since he was so enamored by it and I think he wore it for a week straight!  On the way to a campfire at Keystone, he took a little cat nap.  (Pun mostly definitely intended.)

Thus concludes my first Dr. Seuss party!  What was your favorite part/picture?

2 comments:

Nadine said...

The group pics were the best!

lyssamay88 said...

haha all the cute little kiddos! Shi's hair has grown a ton just since then!