Firstly, the food table. Without any food. I made the trunks of the truffula trees with toilet paper rolls, tape, wrapping paper, and a sharpie. For the fluffy tops, I used this paper pom flowers tutorial.
I was wondering what I where I was going to move the baker's rack, but decided to fill it up with books instead. Good thing it was there, because I don't know where I would have put all those books otherwise!
The pajamas were hung in the kitchen with care, in hopes that the children soon would be there.
All but three shirts were from the dollar store, and I just added a "cat" tie to each. I didn't plan this beforehand or I wouldn't have used red shirts! Thanks to Kailey for tracing/cutting the ties and to Mom for the fabulous and wacky pajama pants! (Even mine, though she didn't make those ones.)
The table. I got the crepe paper idea from Glorious Treats. Hers is much more colorful and looks better against a white wall but I had to do something to the table!
All books are by Dr. Seuss, under various names. Did you know he also published under the names Theo LeSieg and Rosetta Stone? The one exception here is A Fish Out of Water, which was published by his first wife, Helen Palmer, but he wrote the original story.
Up on the mantle, more books and a couple creatures that I borrowed from the kids I nanny.
The game is ready! Thanks to Lucas for making the "projector" that I used to make the big picture, to Kailey for cutting the wockets, and to Marcus and Brittany for helping color them.
Ok, the pajamas in the kitchen was a hoax. They picked them up out here.
View upon entering the pool house.
On to the food. I gathered these ideas from many different Dr. Seuss parties online, and changed or added things as I felt. For the "Cat in the fruit hats," I simply poked strawberries and bananas onto sucker sticks. Thanks to Lyssa for pitching in while I was stressing (I thought I had plenty of time, of course!), and helping cut and set up the food!
Green (no eggs) and ham sandwiches. Bread, butter, ham, spinach.
Green eggs (no ham) sandwiches. Bread with green (colored with spinach juice!) egg salad.
The green eggs cookies were sugar cookies frosted with buttercream and topped with tiny dipped "cake balls." Should have made them a bit bigger for the yolks!
Cat in the treat hat. Anyone else notice that the writing on the hat treats is kind of in the shape of the cat? Hehe, nerd alert. I had planned on buying white chocolate dipped oreos for the hats but they no longer sell them! So I dipped them all myself. And then dipped the ends of large marshmallows in red candy melts. I'm not sure if Dad knew how long these were taking me or was just impressed on how cute they were (hehe), but when he saw me making them he said, "Those kids have the best auntie!" (Guess he didn't know I was being the best sister, too ;))
Pink ink. I used the recipe from here, (put less sugar like the reviews say!) and pressed pureed strawberries through a sieve for the color.
Hop on Pop popcorn. Just from a box and microwave popcorn-yuck! ;)
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. Assorted Swedish fish from amazon--didn't think it would be such a small bag.. spendy!
Fish in a pot. Goldfish in a teapot, also from amazon. I was disappointed a week after getting it, that there was a larger one at Target for the same price!
The whole food set up. I didn't plan on putting the blue background, so there wasn't enough to go all the way across. That's a whole roll of wrapping paper--dollar store for you!
Marcus attempting to wink and drink pink ink.
Landyn and Brittany were pretty good at it!
As was Jaxon.
Hayden was loving that strawberry! Cute little squishy :)
The rest of the party will be next!



No comments:
Post a Comment