Saturday, September 29, 2012

The week in review: 9/29

Brittany's birthday on Sunday--kids these days get two cakes since there's so many people now.  Ralph and Barb came with Grandpa, Eric and Debbie, Aaron and Chad, and the rest of us.  That Barb is sure a character--I think she came out of one of L. M. Montgomery's books!  She came knocking on the garage door and when I opened it, said, "They say back door guests are best!"  "Well, back door guests don't knock!" I tell her.

I left my windows open with a fire two miles away and came back to ashes all over.  

This fire burned for a couple days and got about 70 acres.

My lunch dates at Coyote Coffee were kind of adorable, even if Aubrey thought she didn't need to smile for the picture!

I drove Lizzey over to school to walk with the kids to their homecoming parade.  I was sure glad I drove since it was over 80*!  This seemed like a "snobby" parade since they princes and princesses were riding in fancy modern cars, marching bands, special cheerleading fire truck, and so forth.  Our parade consisted of one flatbed trailer with straw bales for the princes/princesses and 4 grain trucks--one for each class to pile in the back of and yell.
 

 An almost full moon.  Such a pretty night.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

yummy, I still haven't made a wrap like the one's we got yet..keep meaning too! Have any days off next week so we can make it to lunch again?