I read Carter a Richard Scarry book on my last official day as his nanny :( All of my bosses are great to work for, so I will miss them!
Carter and Sophia. They even took me out for dinner--that's a first!If you see lots of pictures of this girl, it's because I am exclusively with her for several hours and I even kind of like her :) Here, she was hiding from me behind the couch cushions, and I guess it was comfy! I had to send a picture to her mom because I was pretty certain this was the first time her busy little self had ever done such a thing.. and it was.
***Thursday was a day off and I got to climb a windmill/tower/turbine but that will be a separate post.
We celebrated the last day of summer with some frozen yogurt, even though it didn't feel too summery being only 64*!
I also prepared for fall by getting the first (and ONLY) bag of autumn mix that I'm getting this year!
Saturday I took Brittany out for an early birthday trip. We had lunch at the tea parlour, which, while fancy and cute, is kind of lacking on the lunch food department! Brittany right away eyed the sugar bowl and helped herself to a cube.
We got to sit in the cute little bay.
My cute cup. We shared hot chocolate as our "tea," since you get a whole pot per order.
Chocolate covered strawberry!
Adorable little stirring spoons.
The almost 8 year old!
Dabbing at her lips like a lady.
Yeah, sometimes a vein will jump out of my forehead. And sometimes shadows don't help the matter!
We thought this tea set was extra fancy! A lot of stuff on display was for sale, but this didn't have a price.
I tried getting a picture of us and the cute sign they had hanging, but the reflection turned out rather strong.
Cute front porch set up.
This week's photo challenge was "black and white." The administrator encouraged us to change our camera setting to black and white, rather than editing the picture afterwards. I hadn't even considered doing that for years, but it was actually much more fulfilling to shoot in black and white rather than switch it. But I still had to take a color shot, because it just looks so good in color too!
This was the actual picture that I used.














No comments:
Post a Comment