Sunday, September 16, 2012

Beach, beach!


Here's how I spent the first evening in our (rented) beach house.  

Justin was showing Carl what a good job braiding he can do.  I wondered if this scene could get any cuter....

... and was not disappointed.  It got cuter when Shiloh felt left out and plopped herself in Jennifer's lap.  I think Jen had a tougher time braiding though!

Fatty was so proud of his braid that he sniggled my camera to photograph it.


Here's how the boys spent several hours.  Amid yells of encouragement, discouragement, and "REMATCH!" we were quite entertained.


Not sure who had my camera or what this is about...

Krista getting some morning snuggles in with Shi.



That's Krista, Jennifer, and I atop a huge cliff.  We had tons of fun climbing the sand hill and exploring.  More pics of that later, as my phone pics are mixed in with camera pics.  Lyssa and Carl had my camera for these pictures.

The cool tide pools that the 3 of us did not get to explore.. next time!

Lyssa strolling (or chatting?).

Chad, Jeff, Justin climbing up?  Hard to tell exactly what they're doing here cuz it doesn't look like they have anywhere to go!

That water spout in front of the rock is the first whale I've ever seen in the ocean!


Another whale spout.

In the middle of the picture is the whale.  It was quite small, must've been a baby.

Some sunset pictures.

Up on the ridge is the 3 of us girls.  If you look really hard at the "saddle horn," you can see Justin going down.  I went to the saddle horn, inspected both sides to see which way was safer to go, but couldn't make a decision, so I didn't go past the saddle horn.

There's Fatty on the saddle.

Sunset through the trees.



This was breakfast that morning, one I thought to be fit for a king.  Overnight blueberry French toast with a side of sausage--yum!

I thought Lyssa looked like she was starting the morning right with a cup of steaming coffee and a book in the sunshine.  She didn't know I was taking the picture--just smirking at something she said to one of the foos ball players!

Beach!

My sole purchase of our shopping trip was candy.  This was my "something sweet" photo for the challenge.

Beginning the sand hill.

I busted up laughing when looking at this picture later.  While this is kinda what it felt like we were climbing, it is a little bit of an exaggeration.  Look to the left of the picture for a true horizon line.

I thought it was neat how we could follow our foot prints allll the way back over to those rigs--kinda hard to see here, though.

Some views from the other side of the mountain.


Hey, a video I accidentally uploaded!  If it works, that's the boys "swimming."

Agh!



Supposedly another video--the ocean this time.




I heard Soggy singing, "I'm a little teapot..." and Fatty finished, "... and so is your face..."  Later, I saw this is why he was singing about a tea pot.  "Hey, it works!" he said when confronted with the issue that the tea pot is actually not meant to be a coffee cup.

On Sunday we were supposed to check out at 10, so headed to Lincoln City with the intention of having a campfire on the beach for lunch.  The intended place for a campfire was on the beach by Mo's, so by the time we got there, we began asking each other, "Should we just eat at Mo's?"  And so we did.

But first, an uh oh.  Those first gens...  Thankfully, just a leak that had an easy fix!

After lunch, a driftwood teetor totter, that Soggy mistook for a horse.




Quite a teeter totter--got them way up there!

I like this little beachy foot.

And this little beachy face.  (Fat lip thanks to the coffee table.)

And on the way home, Cascade Locks ice cream.  I always have trouble deciding between butter pecan and strawberry, so this time I asked for both!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Landyn is looking at these pictures: "ICE CREAM! I LOVE ice cream!!"
Next time we'll have to go with!!

Nadine said...

Girl, you got some great photos:)

Brandie said...

Pretty beach pics! Looks like fun :)

Nina said...

Yes, some great pictures! and looks like you had a great time also.
What is the photo challenge you are doing?

Kaia said...

Carl took have of the photos on the beach--the first bunch with the sunset and all, so props to him there! Nina, the photo challenge is a group on facebook called "OH, snap!" You should join :)

Naomi said...

Oh pretty! Neat pictures.

lyssamay88 said...

Should we go again?? Neat pics! And yummy ice cream! ;)