Saturday, April 28, 2012

The (pictureful!) week in review: 4/28

On the way back home from the wedding, I was feeling a little blue.  (Nothing to do with the wedding, lest any of you try reading too deeply, as I know some are wont to do ;)).  It was such a gorgeous day and I had headed back early enough that I made a pit stop at The Hillpiece, as I had heard the pond was as big as ever.  Well, it was gorgeous all right, and I basked in the sun on the "lake" for about an hour before heading home.  Just what I needed.  (And I didn't even get any ticks as I feared might happen.)

And then, since there's such a pretty view of Mt. Adams up there, I hung my camera on a fence post and attempted to get a new "cover photo" for facebook.  Didn't end up using it though, because of the adorable nieces and nephews shot I got at the wedding :)

Then I went home and visited the fam, including dear little Krista, who no longer lives near... boo hoo.  Jeff attempted many, many shots and this was the best.

On Monday I admired the many bluebonnets(?) in the backyard at work.

It was another very warm day, and I grabbed the chance to drive with my window open and hand out occasionally, too.

See??  The temperature was still 86* at 6ish when I got home!

Hot weather=sometimes thunderstorms.  Thunderstorms=sometimes power outages.  Power outages=sometimes boys using their ever-so-handy headlamps.  Hard to stop these kids from reading!

Tuesday it was still gonna be a warm enough day that I took an iced coffee on the drive to work.  In the cute cup that dear little Krista brought me!

I stopped to snap a picture of the sunrise.. they are always so beautiful that I always tell myself I AM going to purposely get up to watch one someday.  I don't think I ever have!

I made Sophia a sunshiny dandelion chain/crown while we were waiting for Carter to wake up.

I found this cute cartoon in their Sunday Oregonian.

Mt. Hood still looked rather wintery, though.  

On the way home, I took Dalles Mountain Road, and there it was very much colorful.  I'd never been at this time of day so bear with the sun spots and flares.. I was just trying it all :)



I snapped this picture to remind me that I think this house might be a neat place to take pictures someday when the gate is open.  It is part of the Dalles Mountain Ranch, which is a state park.

Looking back.


And this would be the actual park--don't be too jealous of our one picnic table!

As I was drinking in the beauty of God's creation, I felt sure that I live in the most beautiful place on Earth.  I was pretty sure I was getting borderline Pat of Silver Bush like, but I didn't even care!


As I was reaching the bottom of the hill, what rounded the corner but a herd of sheep?!  Just cream on the top to this country girl!  

Usually when the shepherds see a car they will whistle at the dogs to move the sheep out of the way.

Luckily they didn't see me, so I just parked, opened my window, and snapped away.  Well, I guess this one was through the windshield.



I wanted to get a picture of the shepherd but felt too stalkerish while he was looking at me, so waited until they passed and sneaked a picture from the rearview mirror.

On Wednesday I brought Austin and Lizzey to the zoo, as Austin's class went on a field trip.  Just weeks before, I was telling Debbie that as much as I wished to like the zoo, I always found it boring.  Three days later, my boss tells me about this field trip.  I figured there's probably worse things than getting paid to take kids to the zoo!  And guess what.. this was for some reason probably the best zoo trip I've had.  The weather was a little iffy when we got there but then it was just cloudy and not too hot and not too cold.


This chimpanzee gave us a show.


Lizzey was so excited to point at the animals when she saw them.  (Her eyes were runny for a few days for some reason.)


Austin and his friends "walking" on the wall.

Playing on the small play area after lunch.

"Cheese!"  I took all of these pictures per request of their mother :)

"Elephant!"

After everyone else left, we went back for the best part--an elephant ear!

Lizzey's got it right--elephant ear in one hand, cotton candy in the other!  The cotton candy was for Brynn since she didn't get to come, but we sampled a little.  Which turned out fine, cuz she doesn't like it!

We got stamps on the way out.. just cuz we're cool.

The mirror, see the mirror?  Both sacked out on the way home.

On Friday I went with Austin to pick out his birthday cake.  He picked the triple chocolate fudge with coconut frosting and was quite pleased with himself.

On Saturday, I took Luke out for his birthday trip.  He picked the same place he always picks.  But doesn't the inside of this place look about 30 years old?!  I had to tell him that if he's too big to smile for pictures, he's too big for me to bringing him..!

We went to a couple stores and then to froyo, of course!  Where I had to convince a smile out of him again--my guess is that I won't be taking him anywhere when he's thirteen next year!


3 comments:

Brandie said...

Phew thanks for finally inviting me ;) such a busy week! That herd of sheep woulda startled me for sure :p

lyssamay88 said...

He's gonna be 13?? next year??

Debbie said...

okay, so I saw some of these. I blame it all on preggo brain.