Friday, April 20, 2012

A couple of weeks in review: 4/11-4/20

Debbie and Brandie, if you're hungry go get something to eat and then come back.  There.  I warned you.

I had cooked oodles of quinoa but didn't know what I was going to do with it so I had to be inventive.  One day for supper I sauteed some celery and garlic, added quinoa and chicken, stirred until it was hot, and then mixed a little cheese in.  I paired it with some sweet potatoes and declared it a delicious and nutritious meal.  Mmm, I think I should cook some more quinoa...

For the disabled sick guys in the house that wanted bacon and eggs, I made this feast.  Scrambled some eggs in a bowl, sauteed some garlic, onion, and spinach, mixed it all up, added some cheese and bacon and baked them.  They turned out very good and made very good leftovers for a few more breakfasts.  Also served them with kiwi strawberry smoothies with a glob of yogurt added in (don't tell Dad!). 

And this was my meal.  Chicken, bacon, and avocado quesadilla, baked tortilla chips (was so very excited to find these local as they are veeery hard to find!) with guacamole, and Brittany's leftover smoothie.  She saw me make them, so they were "gross."  Grrrr.

It may have been Friday the 13th..

..but I don't remember anything bad about it!  

Brandie sent me an adorable picture of her munchkins enjoying the outdoors also :)

Carter came and told me that he got some "gip goss."  His older sister has quite a bit of influence on him!

I worked on a wedding gift during nap time.  Hey, they only got married 9 months ago... I think I am related to my mother or something.

On the opening day of turkey season I counted 12 vehicles parked along this popular road.. crazy!

Lizzey thought she was bomb.com when I let her carry the basket for me!  Sidenote: I survived more than a month without buying candy and then grabbed some clearance Easter candy.

Another beautiful sunrise.

Krista came so of course we had to make a Spooky's trip!  She was more excited than she looks here.

I went down early for some shopping before rehearsal (I even told my boss that's why I wanted to get off early for that.. pretty cool, hey?), and got to check out Whole Foods.  I thought it was a pretty cool store but then I saw these bags of food made by kaia foods and it got 100x cooler!  I had to get their cheapest item :)  Just clicked on the link though, and they will be changing to "kaya foods."  Boo and bullfrogs.

After a delicious ham dinner made by my mother, the bridal party rehearsed for Justin and Jennifer's wedding.

No comments: