Sunday: I joked that you would've thought I was in Lake Norden by the way people gawked at my bright outfit. They wanted sunglasses and called me a rainbow for the rest of the day! Just need some bright shoes to finish the outfit ;)
June 4th, Monday. This Austin kid has been driving me crazy and cracking me up lately. Here he was making me some kind of soup. Healthy soup, he assured me. "It has no fat or sugar and 50-no, 60 grams of protein." His older sister learns all about healthy choices at school and passes her information on.
My so-very-sweet younger siblings somewhere learned that June 4th is "Old Maid Day," as well as "Hug Your Cat Day." I had to borrow the cat, but I knew they would ask if I celebrated!
Austin thought that sounded fun, too. Poor kitty.
As for the part of driving me crazy... he thinks he needs to be entertained 24/7! I may be a nanny, but I sure do appreciate the kids that play nicely alone most of the time :) Mostly he's begging me to play pirates. Often I will, but often I tell him, "Not right now," or, "I'm busy doing ____ right now." I was doing laundry here while he was waiting for me to come play pirates. (Mom, picture how Brittany "waits," except double the nagging.) "Kaia," he says seriously, "what is more 'portant? Laundry or pirates?" To which he was not pleased when I told him laundry... haha!
Early morning=coffee for me! I was trying to capture the steam, but that didn't happen.
One afternoon we took a break while I was jumping on the tramp with Austin. "My tongue is tired," he announced. I held back a guffaw and said, "Well, that's because you've been talking too much. You better give it a break. I think if you don't talk for 10 minutes, it will feel better." That bought me maybe 90 seconds!
This is my country. (Picture taken on a Saturday morning run.)









2 comments:
You must have used your phone for most of the pics? I was going to say the last one looks more real but I guess you prob weren't carrying your canon.
Love your bright outfit!! And yay for fun days with sisters ;)
Post a Comment