Saturday, June 2, 2012

The week in review: 6/2

Memorial Day.  A day to honor those who have died for our safety and freedom. 


Ladies placing the wreaths during the reading of In Flanders Fields.



Gun salute.

Taps.  Always so solemn and mournful sounding!

This day was made especially touching as I afterwards was wandering the cemetery and spotted the grave of Mark Coleman, a recent war hero.

Beautiful country at 5:41 am Tuesday morning :)

Finally took these kids out on a street behind their house to bike and wondered why I haven't before now!  Very quiet street and they played so nicely.


Some cool looking clouds on the home stretch.

A roadblock on the way to work one morning--looked like I could almost drive right underneath!

Mason turned two!  He was super adorable blowing out his candle and taking in all of his adoring fans singing to him.

And Kolby was enjoying the self portrait with one of his favorite books--he can read it, too!

Look there!

I got to go back to these kids for a few hours this week!  I've missed them!  Of course, it helps that their house is an old farmhouse that reminds me of good ole South Dakota :)

No comments: