Sunday. I had this week off except Thursday, so made a long weekend of the grad bbq. After church and Rocky's on Sunday, Carl & Alyssa, The J's, and I went to play tennis. Rather, they played tennis while I babysat. Somebody's gotta do the hard work, ya know! And little stinker Shiloh was trying her hardest to keep me busy. She kept dropping her toys so she could start her famous, "Uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh......" She'll say that for minutes at a time. Then I was mean and clipped her toys onto the stroller straps.
Monday. Little sleepyhead got to lick off the whipped cream beaters! I could hardly believe her mommy had never let her lick the beaters before!
After a breakfast of crepes, and lunch at Ikea, I had fun dreaming of my "tiny house." This one in Ikea was 375 square feet and looked like the perfect size! Living room, kitchen to the right, bedroom to the left, and bathroom in the far corner.
After even more shopping*, we had a snack at YoCream.
*My version of shopping includes looking and admiring, and only very occasionally buying, much the chagrin of my sisters/sisters-in-law. They think if I say I want to go shopping, I'll be throwing stuff in the cart left and right ;)
Shiloh says, "This is the life!"
Tuesday. I had the parapro test I went down for a couple weeks ago rescheduled until today. They gave me a mint (leftover, I'm sure) for having to wait, and good chocolates for taking the test. I think those were so I didn't feel too bad if I didn't pass. Which is correctly divided into syllables: fa-mil-y or se-ri-ous-ly? Hardest question on the test! I think I went with "seriously" and got it right. P.S. See my new wallet/clutch?!
Walking out of the ESD building, I recognized these oil pastel toucans as an art project I did in 3/4 grade, so I had to take a closer look. And there, on the gold plaque, read "Centerville School District." Wow, our school is basically famous!
After a day of mostly taking it easy, I made a delicious pasta dish for supper that Brittany, for some odd reason, didn't like. So Dad thought it would be good and appropriate to feed her! She was pretty embarrassed when I got the camera out.
When Mom came through, Brittany said, "And he won't let me finish!" Mom and I figured it's probably the first time Dad has fed a "baby." Tee hee.
I was stalking a photography group that just started up for a while. Then, I couldn't resist and had to join. The first week's challenge (that I almost skipped) was a self portrait. While this isn't what you would probably consider a portrait, it is me. It's quite a challenge running through that tall wheat!
While I was trying to set the focus for another one that didn't turn out, Lucas was my assistant.
And then I saw this cute little ladybug and had to try to get it, too.
Then I made a mistake. I figured it would be "safe" to take Brittany on a walk/run (which is what all of my runs have been) since she would surely tire out and be pretty quiet. Hahahahahaha, joke was on me! She counted down until we could start running. I, of course, began a pretty slow jog like normal and she takes off sprinting! I told her to slow down because I figured after 3 minutes, a slow jog would be just right. But no, at a slow jog, she still is a full time commentator. I was tiring and checked my phone to see how long we had left running. Still 43 seconds! "Really?! That went by fast. I thought it would still be a minute!" And after the first one was completed and I was trying to catch my breath, "Why are you panting? That was easy! You're more used to running and you're panting, and I'm not even." And so and and so forth the whole time. Turdblossom.
By the next run, I was slightly irritated (amusingly) at this healthy little child and told her to, "Run fast! Up that hill! No, faster! Faster! Don't stop!" And it worked. She was now counting the seconds until we could start walking again! So that's the routine I kept for the rest of the time. *snicker, snicker*
On Thursday I got to sleep in all the way until 6:11, due to Sophia's soccer camp. Carter wanted to hang out and watch, so I brought my coffee, plopped down on the track and watched for about an hour.
Soccer camp is verrrrry tiring!
Wanna know how to burn 400 calories in 30 seconds? Broil some marshmallows! I put the pan in the oven, turned on the oven light, and went to grab the chocolate bars. As I was grabbing them, I smelled the burnt marshmallow smell. I didn't know what you are supposed to do in case of an oven fire but I knew marshmallows burn themselves out rather quickly, so I pulled out the rack and let them burn (10 seconds) and ran to open windows and turn on fans. They got the authentic campfire s'more taste!
Luckily I was able to just scrape that off and start over--NOT leaving the oven this time!
Windy on a Saturday morning run.. wind sure does take it out of you!
I had to do a couple car-related things in town, so I stopped to see some of my favorite boys afterwards. It felt like sooo long--it's only been two weeks but I guess I've been spoiled with them living so close! L Cat read Marcus a book.
While I bonded with Kolby :)















2 comments:
Haha- I did have it bookmarked to that post! Good to see you're still alive;)
Shiloh looks like she has lots of hair licking the beaters! very cute tiny house ;)i could use an IKEA browsing trip!
got a laugh out of Dad feeding Brit too :)
Post a Comment