Sunday, August 11, 2013

July

I love this view on warm summer days.. at work, nonetheless!

Peas, peas, and more peas!  If nothing else, I can say I was successful growing peas!  The total was about 10.5 pounds for that crop.  I planted another packet for a fall crop.
 

Once upon a time, I went to visit Kent and Brandie.  Brandie asked me previously if I'd had grilled pizza recently.  I answered that I'd not had it at least for a year, so she said that's what would be for supper.  She prepped it and started the grill.  A couple minutes later I looked out the window and said, "I don't know anything about grilling.. but should there be flames in it?"  "Uhh, no, not like that!!" came the reply.  Enter 10 minutes of asking what to put on it, calling Kent, hanging up on him, calling 911, breaking out the fire extinguisher, attempting to calm the kids, meeting mysterious guys that happened to be walking by and appeared with fire extinguishers, etc.  In the end, just the grill was damaged, thank God!  Oh, we had pizza in the oven for supper :)

I'd mentioned I wanted to pick blueberries, so Brandie looked up a place people had been and off we went.  Kippy wasn't too helpful, but neither did he slow progress, being a good little boy.

Jaxon driving and Hayden as a cherry.


Brandie with her "big kids."  We liked the bright green tables.  (Just not for a house ;))

Hayden and I, before eating our fresh blueberry donuts.

Kipton was looking so sweet, just peering out from his car seat.

Hayden, Kipton, and Jaxon with the shirts I helped them make THAT MORNING!  Nothin' like the last minute, right Mom?


I really liked this picture of Kipton ever so calmly watching the fireworks.  They are the lighting in this photo.

I also really liked this one, terrible quality and all.  Hayden was being so crazy running around and doing "backflips" (somersaults) almost the whole time.

She did settle down for a little while to chill with her Papa.  He did have the snacks, after all.

This little man is growing up!  

Marcus lives in a yellow submarine.  Or maybe he's just holding air in a yellow bucket underwater.

Here's my birthday "cake."  Fondue party!!  I made three different kinds of fondue, brownies, pound cake, and rice krispie bars.  I think we all agreed that plain milk chocolate would've been fine as the only dipping sauce.

Kailey had been doing chores, so when she came in we pushed it all in front of her to finish.

We've been having "Ice Cream Sundays" quite a bit this summer.  We were all out in the gazebo this time and turned on the fire.  Mason thinks fires are for blowing out!  He tried his hardest... and with Eric's hand on the gas, was eventually "successful."

'twas a lovely evening.



Ah, my first harvest of beets!  When I was weeding, I noticed a few more needed thinned.  These are my rainbow ones.  Can you see the variety of colors?

Breakfast.. whole wheat chocolate pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream!

We noticed a big smoke cloud south of the hills one day, and found out later lightning had struck an island, so they just watched it burn.

These kiddos needed to be away from the house for the day (they're remodeling), Mom and Dad were camping in Cascade Locks, ice cream sounded good.. so we met Mom and Dad at the Marina Park.  Brittany and Brynn are equally shy and with no animals to help the conversation along, they pretty much ignored each other... at least the ice cream was delicious!

Aubrey's and Shiloh's birthdays are only 1 day apart, so they had their parties together.  Here Shiloh is studying on how to hold up 2 fingers.

Blow, girls!

Mmm, this fancy zebra cake tastes yummy!

The gummy candies aren't bad, either!

Time for gifts!

Aww, my two precious nieces.  These also happen to be my godchildren.

First peach of the season!

Addie was resting comfortably on the table amidst these non-hanging plants until she thought I'd actually give her some attention and started heading my way.

Picking blackberries at work!

Duke practiced his surfing skills. 

A baby pumpkin!  These are eating pumpkins that I plan to can.. we shall see!


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good times, good times.