Tuesday, January 1, 2013

November

This was the first year I wasn't super excited and ready for snow.. possibly due to the looong drive I had last year in our first decent snow.  Nevertheless, the beauty of it does not escape me.  Here it was just a little on the southern hills that caught my attention.

After finding this big pile of treasures from thrift stores, I thought maybe it's a good thing I don't get to those stores as much as I'd like or I'd be nearly broke!

Lizzey, Brynn, and Austin sold their Halloween candy to the dentist for $1 per pound.. pretty good money for such little kids, I thought.

One day Grandpa called me and wanted me to come take pictures of his starfish cactus.  I think he'd had it for 7 years and this was the second time it bloomed--those were some impressive blooms!

This was an approximately 50 tree bonfire... just guessing since they cut down 99(?) and we burned about half that night.

Random food picture to remind me of this yummy combination--pulled pork nachos with mango salsa and guacamole, from a cute little coffee shop in Bingen.

A super sleepy little guy.  He's pretty cute I must say, even if he is a baby ;)  Can you believe I even missed him a little when he was gone to France for a couple weeks?!  He's just the best snuggler!

I attempted a new art project as a wedding gift and was extremely disappointed in how it turned out.  You can't tell too much in the smallish picture, but the paint bled like crazy and looked sloppy.  So I sent it to my sister instead.  Haha, don't worry, she requested it!

We went up to Joel and Denise's for Thanksgiving along with James and Ramona.  They had a gingerbread house building contest for the families and I had to joke that you sure can tell which family is the one that builds houses!  Really, I think they'd never read the directions and made one before because you are supposed to hold them in place for 5+ minutes after applying the paste.

When I do this, I wonder if perhaps I've gone crazy.... but I got a couple good bargains!

If the video works, Jaxon is trying to say, "A whoopa-whoopa on your boota-boota," which apparently came from my dad's family and is a fancy way of saying "spanking."  Kids think it's quite hilarious.

I got to babysit for an hour or so, so got to snuggle with Hayden-poo :)

I cleaned my room (read: cleaned off my hope chest), mostly so I could get out my Christmas decorations.  Last year I thought I was too busy, so this year I had to make sure and do it.

Eddie sure loves his big brother.  I thought this was pretty sweet and sent it to his mom.

I was going to be working the night of the local Christmas parade and tree lighting, so I took the kids I was babysitting.

See Brynn and Austin?  One of Brynn's friends' dad works at the bank and offered to let them ride on the float.

And Michael was excited to go see Santa.  Raylee, on the other hand, took great pleasure in whispering to everyone that mentioned him, "I'm not going because I already know the real secret!"

No comments: