My first actual wearable knitting project! I thought they turned out rather cute, but attempted another pair and they didn't look as nice.. sadly.
Ugh.. a second attempt at this project, and while it ended up looking okay, it was a pain. I still love the idea though, so I really want to figure it out!
And here it is! My first knitting project. It is a very unique scarf, emphasis on unique.
Here's the end I started on. I started with 28 stitches and a few rows later was at 30, and the somewhere before the red I'd gotten up to 35.
I got fairly decent on the basic knit stitch, so moved on to different designs with the second stitch. The red is seed stitching and the next is ribbing (with a few rows of mess ups!). I used a bunch of Mom's cotton leftovers, thus the colors!
A chevron design with the knit and purl stitches.
And a monogrammed "K" with the same stitches. I decided somewhere along the way that this practice project would go to Krista as a joke.
And my personal favorite, the cable knit! Though it's terribly hard to see with the two-tone yarn. Followed that with a little more knit stitching.
I'm keeping track of everything I grow/harvest this year, to challenge myself to more next year. Here's 2.5 ounces of alfalfa sprouts.
My photo for "laundry" challenge. I saw she had it set up with her dolls clothes already washed, so made her go back out so I could get a picture.
A spinach harvest! .7 ounces, but it was my first harvest from my garden, so I was happy!
Lizzey just loves going to school to eat with one of her siblings! I like having something different to do, too, and she seems soo much easier to take this year compared to last year, so we did it quite a bit during the last couple months of school.
They had a tent out from backyard camping and wanted a fire to go along with it. I obliged, and then went the extra mile (ha) and got marshmallows for them to "roast," too.
I found a gnome to send to Mavis from One Hundred Dollars a Month! She is collecting them and donating $10 per gnome to St. Jude's--go check it out HERE! In that post she even said you can draw a gnome and send it.. It took me a while to find one I deemed cheap enough to be worth it. (If it cost over $10, why wouldn't I just send my own money to St. Jude?)
One warm day, Debbie w/chillin's and I, met some friends at the park.
Ever had a UTI? Cranberries, water, water, cranberries, water, was what I saw a lot of for a couple weeks!
Church that week..
I was searching the dollar store, buying my way to a peaceful road trip (haha), and I found this "natural" Monopoly candy. Well, I guess they classified it as fruit snacks.
Brought this kid to the park, but forgot to bring him any toys--good thing I found a stick!
I felt like a 1/2 locovore eating this. Homegrown spinach, steak, and sprouts.








1 comment:
all your produce looks so good-gonna come do a huge garden for me next year?? And I never knew anything about a UTI..apparently that took care of it?
Post a Comment