Monday, April 15, 2013

Err, Missing Moments of Marvelous March

My first plan of gardening had been to have a potato plot.  I had the boys rototill me up a spot, add grass clippings, and even I rototilled it a bunch.  I read up about potatoes and how they like well-drained soil.  Listening to the rain one night, I remembered that behind the shop floods in the spring.  I looked out the window in the morning, and sure enough, puddles throughout the plot.  No potatoes for there!

Here's our first day of spring.  Rain.

I must have deleted the snow one!

Sun.  

Rainbow.


That bottom picture was the snow one, though it's not clear.

I went down to help Alyssa pack one weekend, as they are moving into Carl's late grandma's house just down the road.  However, with Lyssa not feeling well one day, and a little shopping and Mariya thinking she only wanted her mom the next day, we didn't get anything accomplished.  Except quality bonding time, of course!

Sweet Mariya!

I love this little nerdlet!  I was trying for a picture of Mariya's smile, and she for some reason thought it was directed at her.  

Trying on matching hats at Target.

Trying out all the collage apps I downloaded.

I brought Lizzey and Brynn to our house on their spring break.  Austin was snowboarding with his dad.  Brittany and Brynn had a picnic.  Lizzey loves all animals--except bugs!  We forgot last time to milk the goats, so made sure to get an attempt in this time.  Lizzey cracked me up.  We put the goat up there, and before we said anything, she somehow knew what was next, and promptly said, "I can squeeze the goat!"  And she went right over there and tried, too!

More beautiful park enjoyment!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

You'll have to find something that likes flooding...like rice ;)

Anonymous said...

It'd be so fun to bring my kids there! Sure they'd love it- "squeezing the goat" made me chuckle

lyssamay88 said...

hehe Lizzie!! and for some reason I don't really remember than weekend... hmm